Blog Liebster Award (Take Two- this is the clean draft- read this one!) 🙂
Wow. Just wow. Having reached my two-week milestone on this site, I open up my e-mails and realise that one of my wonderful, adorable followers has nominated me for a Blog Liebster Award? Thank you to the lovely blogger who kindly nominated me!! 😀
When I first set this blog up on a complete whim at the end of my Easter break from Uni/month of revision and lamb feeding to try and battle off the boredom blues, I had no idea that people would actually give up their time to read my thoughts and ramblings so I thank each and every one of you for your time and effort! Thank you to Livingonborroweddays for your thoughtfulness in nominating my blog- it came as such a huge surprise and has filled my day with a steaming vat of sunshine and sparkles so thank you! 🙂
So from what I understand, the Leibster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Also, the word “liebster” is of German origin and has several definitions: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweetest thing ever? It also works like a chain letter in that you pay it forward by nominating other bloggers and help spread the word about their blogs.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger set for you
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself
3. Nominate between 5-11 up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
4. Generate 11 questions to be answered by those you nominate
5. Visit your nominees and let them know the wonderful news!
6. No tag backs!
Here are the answers to my 11 questions….
1. What is the story behind the title of your blog?
Confessions of a fanfiction writer whose dreams are to reach the sky? The easy answer would be to say that it’s a play on the title of a novel I read last semester for Scottish Literature titled ‘Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner’ by James Hogg. The more honest answer would be to say that my blog will in due course be a place for me to open up my thoughts and feelings about this wonderful, crazy world that we are so lucky to call ‘home’ to all you lovely people!
2. What is your favourite youtube channel?
Rob Houchen (2013-14 Marius at the Queen’s Theatre production of Les Miserables) and Anton Zetterholm’s (2013-2014 Enjolras at the Queen’s Theatre production of Les Miserables) Room 9 Advent Calendar for Water Aid! I spent far too much time on this channel over Christmas and loved the boys’ ridiculous antics- especially no.24 ‘Theatre Aid’- if you haven’t seen it, give it a watch even if it is completely out of season- it’s hilarious and for such a worthy cause!
3. If you could travel back in time, which era would you choose and why?
Tricky… Very tricky…. I’m torn between Russia under the Romanov dynasty (for the aristocracy before 1919) and C18th England when the Romantic poets were writing. I was lucky enough to go to spend an absolutely magical, if cold week in Russia 2 years ago on a school trip when we went to both Moscow and St Petersburg- a word of caution here- never take the overnight train if you’ve got a huge suitcase- the bunks are really cramped and you will get no sleep!- and I was absolutely blown away by the sheer opulence and grandeur of their architecture- I also think St Basil’s Cathedral looks like it’s made of nougat and should be something out of ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’!
4. In your opinion, what super-awesome post have you written so far?
This is easy- Sun and Moon (Miss Saigon 2014)! I had an absolute blast writing it and am thrilled at the response it’s got in light of the previews of the much anticipated new production going on at the Prince Edward Theatre in London 🙂
5. What makes someone a hero?
Courage. The ability to stand up for something they believe in and allow their voice to be heard despite the continuous clouds of oppression pressing down on them. Determination. The knowledge that if you just keep going and going at something- it doesn’t matter what it is- one day, you will succeed. Love. The ability to hold so much unconditional affection for another person or group of people has always struck me as being a heroic quality. Take, for example, Enjolras, the revolutionary leader from Victor Hugo’s sweeping epic ‘Les Miserables’. Even when defeat is inevitable and the insurgents can see their end is fast approaching, Enjolras is still there, still filled with a desperate brand of passionate, fiery hope,determination and sheer compassion for his friends, still clinging to the thought that maybe, just maybe, they will be able to bring their beloved Patria into the cold, clear land of peaceful freedom and watch her soar from the ashes of Bourgeois tyranny.
6. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
Love one another. Love thy neighbour. Love your enemy. We are all human, we all have the same flaws, the same weaknesses, the same desperate need for compassion under each of our own individual exteriors and I think the world doesn’t see enough of that.
7. What is your favorite fictional story? (novel, movie, fairytale, etc.)
This is hard! Um…. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
8. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Speak my mind more readily and not bottle everything up until I either break down or explode!
9. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
Depends on the circumstances. I cry far too readily and it’s mostly over the fates of certain fictional characters or life in general! However, the ability to cry, to just let all your emotions go is something I’ve always admired in other people given the right circumstances instead of bottling all your worries and insecurities up inside and so, I’d say it was a sign of strength!
10. Which activities make you lose track of time?
Reading. Cooking. Writing my fanfiction ‘novel’. Writing in general (this blog included!) Sewing. Going for long, rambling walks in the hills. Lying on my bed with either my headphones on or an 8tracks mix playing softly in the background and thinking about the world at large or nothing in particular.
11. What is something you’ve always wanted, ever since you were a kid?
To see my writing in tangible, physical print on a bookshelf somewhere and know that all my tears, random conversations with fictional characters, hours of editing, re-reading and drafting are worth something! 🙂
Phoenixflames12 xxx 🙂
11 random facts about myself
1. I am a triplet who goes to Glasgow University (my other two siblings are at St Andrews)
2. I can touch my nose with my tongue
3. I can play the piano very badly! I tried playing after months of not practicing over Easter- the results were sore fingers and wounded pride!
4. I was born 3 months premature and have a shunt in my head to drain away excess fluid which was lengthened when I was nine
5. When I was about 9 nearly 10, I suffered terrible allergies to just about every food under the sun and so could only eat broccoli and brown rice for about a year whilst swallowing about 20 pills a day
6. I have read four Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire books- roll on this Summer when I can hopefully finish the series up to The Winds of Winter!
7. My favourite musical theatre/theatre actors are: Hadley Fraser, Alistair Brammer, Jonny Purchase, Dougie Carter, Simon Russell Beale, Ben Whishaw, Richard Madden and Tom Hiddleston
8. My Mum drove Meryl Streep and Jeremy Irons around the set of ‘The French Lieutenants Woman’ when she was 17 in a yellow rangerover! You can just make out the vehicle in the opening shot of the film.
9. My favourite colour is green
10. I have a very good memory for musical theatre/film quotes
11. I love making ratatouille!
My nominations are…
Nominees! Here are your questions!
1. What got you into blogging in the first place?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
3. What, in your opinion, is your greatest achievement to date?
4. What worldly possession could you not do without, not even for a day?
5. Name one thing that makes you laugh out loud on a rainy day?
6. Who did you look up to/aspire to be more like as a child?
7. What is your favourite quote? (speech, book, film, television show, theatre etc)
8. Who are your heroes? (sorry if this links back to question 6!)
9. What would be your ultimate superpower?
10. You are stranded on a desert island with one record (think Desert Island Disks on BBC Radio 4). What is that record and why have you chosen it?
11. What is your greatest ambition?
Much love and enjoy!
Phoenixflames12 xxx 🙂